Friday, September 11, 2009

One Week Down.. Many more to go

Well it has been 1 week since I had my first chemo treatment. This 1st week has been up and down. I have not experienced any nausea, which has been nice, but I have been pretty tired and weak. I have had body aches pretty much all the time and headaches. I have spent most of this week just laying in bed trying to rest. It has been difficult for me because I have not been able to be much of a mommy, especially to Aaron. I have realized that even though I have not been able to physically be a mommy, they still know that I love them and that I need to rest and take care of myself so that way I can be there for them all in the long run.

Today I had to go and get my blood count checked and it was fine. So that leaves me with a checkup with Dr. Gaffar next friday to make the 1st treatment cycle done. We will have 2 more treatments (3 weeks for each treatment). I am a little nervous for the next treatment because I am not sure if I will handle it the same or if it will get worse. But we are just taking it day by day.

The next big step for us will be when I start to loose my hair. They said that it would be about 2 weeks, so that means I have about 1 more week before I should start loosing it. I am very scared about this. I know many people have said, "it is not permanent and it will grow back", but it is harder to deal with when you actually have to face it. I have gotten a wig from the Women's Place and am hoping on getting another one, once we get the insurance figured out. I am also going to look into getting the scarfs cause I know that I will be wearing those more than anything. My biggest concern is for the kids and trying to not freak them out. Cause I know I am going to freak out myself, so I could just imagine how they will feel. I was trying to convince Nathan to shave his head with me but he said "Mommy I don't want to have a bald head". LOL..

One thing that I have tried to remember, especially during the down days, is that no matter what I am going through, no matter how bad I feel, or how sick and tired I am, the Lord did not put me here and walk away. He has continued to carry me through this and he is NEVER going to leave me. It is such a relief to know that our Father in Heaven is in charge. Kevin and I have talked alot about this and how amazing the Lord is that he brought us here at the time he did. If this would have happened 10 years ago, our lives were in such a different place that I am not sure we would be where we are now. He has brought Kevin and I so much closer to him and to each other and our children. The most important thing of this all, is that his name is being Glorified not only during this but long after this is over.

We thank all of you who continue to pray for us. The Lord has definitly had his hand in this and it is such a relief. We ask that you would continue to pray for the Lord to use us and that we will continue to look to him for all our needs. We love you so much.

1 comment:

  1. Could not have said it better myself! Awesome attitude, awesome Spirit!

    ReplyDelete