Wednesday, November 4, 2009

After Surgery!!

It has been a few weeks since surgery and I am doing fine. Still sore but good. I had an appointment yesterday with the surgeon and she said that I am healing really well. She gave me the ok to start Chemo again. She went over the pathology report with us and the Tumor ended up being only 1 cm, so it shrunk again between the MRI and the surgery!! They removed 3 lymph nodes and the extensive report showed a small microscopic bit of cancer, so good thing they took it out!!! After hearing that I really feel at peace about starting the rest of the treatments. I really was having a hard time understanding why I had to continue with chemo if they got it all and it all was negative for cancer, but after the report and talking to her I really feel that this is God speaking to me telling me that I need to finish these treatments and continue to trust in him to use the medicine to get rid of all of this. I am not looking forward to getting back into the chemo mode but I am at peace with what needs to be done.

I will be going today to meet with the oncologist and get out treatments scheduled and figure out the rest of plan. I will post more later about that appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment